On this Page

Points of Contact 




Contact me to:

Kristen Cervantes Accounting Specialist 544-5778 
  • Questions about or help filling out your Travel Reimbursement Form
  • Training on forms
Kaylee Bolt Director of Human Resources 544-5777
  • Submit an Out-of-Region Travel Form through Frontline Central
Kuniko Votaw Executive Assistant to the Superintendent 544-5785
  • Receive training on travel forms

Travel Reimbursement

See Policy 6213 – Reimbursement for Travel Expenses, Meals with Meetings and Light Refreshments

ESD 123 employees will often need to travel as part of their regular work duties. To receive reimbursement for travel expenses, a Travel Expense form should be completed, printed on pink paper and submitted to Kristen Cervantes.

The cut-off for travel over $200 is the 10th of each month.

Get the Travel Expense form here.

mapMileage Chart

For your convenience, we have created a travel mileage chart showing one-way mileage from Pasco or Walla Walla to area districts and other common locations.

Reimbursement Rates

ESD 123 reimburses hotel and meal expenses according to the per diem rates established by the state. For current reimbursement information see the Per Diem Rates map or Per Diem Rate table from the Office of Fiscal Management (OFM) website. For out-of-state travel, refer to the GSA website.

Out-Of-Region Travel Approval

Staff traveling outside the ESD 123 region must complete an Out-of-Region Travel Approval Form in Frontline Central prior to traveling. 

Out-of-Region/State forms are available to start in Frontline Central. If completing a form for yourself, search for the Employee Travel Form under Forms I Can Start. In the first form field, you will select whether the travel is out-of-region or out-of-state. After completing the employee workflow step, the form will then route to all applicable approvers as determined by your form selections and position.

Find instructions on starting forms in Frontline here. If you have questions on submitting a travel form, please contact your department’s travel coordinator or your supervisor.

In-State Travel

Out-of-Region requests within Washington state must be approved by the staff member's immediate supervisor. Out-of-Region forms for in-state travel must be submitted at a minimum of 2 weeks in advance for support staff to make necessary travel arrangements; travelers shall be responsible for booking their own travels if less than 2 weeks advance communication.

plane circling globeOut of State Travel

All travel out of state (including Portland, Hermiston, Coeur d'Alene, and Lewiston) must be approved by the ESD 123 Board of Directors. Out of state travel requests should be submitted at least two months in advance of travel.

To go to board for approval, forms must be submitted AND approved by both your supervisor and the superintendent at least 10 days prior to that month’s board meeting. Forms not approved by the superintendent by that time will go to the next month’s board meeting. Travel arrangements may be processed upon the Superintendent’s approval on the travel request form as long as expenses are refundable.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.