ESD 123 is proud to announce new Data Coaching services for schools and districts. Our interdisciplinary team will help you enhance your data practice by showing you steps and strategies to inform student learning. Understanding data is not enough to produce gains in student achievement. ESD 123’s Data Coaching Team uses HOMEROOM for WSIPC and Administrative Dashboards to assist staff in identifing trends in student performance and guiding questions to focus instruction.
DATA COACHING CAN HELP:
Facilitate protocols for productive data discussions
Establish social norms for using data practices
Identify new sources of useful data practices Generate new and useful data (e.g., surveys,
focus groups, formative assessments) Analyze data
Report on data analysis
Train your team to use data practices
See how data can be used to monitor and adjust instruction as it relates to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
Help your district identify multiple measures for Teacher Principal Evaluation
￼Tier I: How Useful is Data?
(On-Site at No Cost)
Data Coaching Overview (1 hour)
Engage your staff in an interactive discussion focused on the importance of developing quality data which can be used to guide instruction.
Data Carousel (11⁄2 - 2 hours)
Data Carousels create opportunities to discuss non-evaluative statements about the data. Using Washington State assessments, MAP data, DIBELS, and Migrant Student Information System (MSIS), teams review and consider selected district data, highlighting instructional strengths and challenges.
Tier II: Data Coaching Building
Your own Data Team: At ESD 123
These two-day workshops are designed
to build a culture of data use within your building or district. Bring a team of up
to five and leave equipped with the tools, knowledge and resources to use data with any initiative, goal or district priority.
Get Ready - Identify Issues - Diagnose Causes
Data Team Building Level 2 (2 day) $400/team
Plan and Take Action, Evaluate Result
Tier III: District Data Team
(Price based on district needs)
The ESD 123 Data Coach Team works onsite with your staff. We will work with you to individualize your district’s data needs.
- http://ies.ed.gov/ - IES, the nation's engine for education research, evaluation, assessment, development and statistics.
- https://ceds.ed.gov/ - The Common Education Data Standards (CEDS) project is a national collaborative effort to develop voluntary, common data standards for a key set of education data elements to streamline the exchange and comparison of data across institutions and sectors.
- http://www.data.gov - Public access to high value, machine readable datasets generated by the Executive Branch of the Federal Government.
- http://www.factual.com - making data more accessible (i.e. cheaper, higher quality, less encumbered) for machines and developers, to drive and accelerate innovation in an unprecedented way.
- http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/ - Look up your county’s rankings and download the data you need.
- http://erdcdata.wa.gov - The Washington State Education Research & Data Center (ERDC) has updated the P-20 reports for high schools and school districts with the 2010 graduates.
- https://www.msdr.org - The Washington State Migrant Student Data and Recruitment (MSDR) office serves as the pulse of records transfer and Identification and Recruitment (I&R) for Washington State's migrant students.
- https://eds.ospi.k12.wa.us/GIS/LATS/index.html - The Learning & Teaching Support Information Portal contains many different tools that allow users to interact with Geographic Information Systems data including different base maps and map layers.
- http://reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us/ - Includes demographic information about students at the school, district and state levels, and data about student achievement on state-wide assessment.
- https://www.askhys.net/ - The Healthy Youth Survey provides important survey results about the health of adolescents in Washington.